I'm not sure if I should post this question here or on the Linux forum since it involves both. (I'm a Windows geek, if there is such a thing, but a Linux/Mac neophyte).

I built an OSX 86 machine which has been working fine for several months. A few weeks ago I added a second drive with Windows 7 on it. The OSX 86 drive is primary and when I booted it the Chameleon boot loader showed me both OSX 86 and Windows 7. I could boot either OS. Perfect. Then I saw Ubuntu 10.04 and thought it was something I should have so I installed it on a third drive.

I don't know what I did, if anything, but now the OSX 86 drive will not boot. When the machine is turned on all the bios stuff scrolls up but when it gets to the point where OSX 86 (Chameleon) should boot it immediately restarts the machine (all the bios stuff starts over again). Its just an infinite loop. I can boot from the Windows drive with no problem and I can boot from the Ubuntu drive with no problem.

While I'm in Ubuntu I can mount the OSX 86 drive. I can see all of the folders and most of the files so I don't think the disk itself is corrupted. My conclusion (hope?) is that just Chameleon was blown away. I need to know if there is any way to reinstall Chameleon on the OSX 86 drive via Ubuntu, or any other way.

I have the Chameleon 2.0 installer (.pkg) on a thumb drive. It is also in the Downloads folder on the OSX 86 machine but that, and several other folders are marked as read-only so I can't get to the package. My username and password are the same on both OSX 86 and Ubuntu but I'm not sure that makes any difference.

Can anyone help me or point me to some resource that might help?

Thank you.

Posted 4 years ago