How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

cannot reconnect to all network drives

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by RN
  • Latest reply from thegeek
  • Topic Viewed 6377 times

RN

hi:

I am running Vista home premium on my laptop.

Whenever my machine boots up, I get an error message saying ‚Äúcannot reconnect to all network drives.‚Ä? I cannot seem to get rid of it. normally, I only have my USB hub and my jump drive connected to the machine. I do connect to my work network on occasion via VPN, but the network drives do not show up in Windows Explorer.

Is there a way to stop this message?

Thanks as always,

Richard

Posted 6 years ago

mbscjohnp

I have a home network. It does that to me when one of the puters in the network is not turned on. In Control Panel\Network and Sharing Center you could turm off "Network Discovery" until you want to see a network, or simply open the Start Menu and right click in any open space and click on Notification Area tab and the Cutomize button and select to hide the item.

Posted 6 years ago

mbscjohnp

RN my bad, one should look before he leaps. Since the notification is so temporary (it goes away in a second) you can't hide it, but why bother?

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Are you mapping drives to servers? I get this message because I'm mapping a drive to my home server, so when I go to work if I reboot I get that message because it's trying to do a reconnection to that server but can't.

The same thing happens if I haven't saved the password for a particular resource.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!