SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - cannot find my Skype snapshots.

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Feather
  • Latest reply from Feather
  • Topic Viewed 18707 times

Feather

I often do a net meet with my daughter and occasionally take a snapshot during the conversation. However,I cannot find these photos on my computer? It says they are in Sheila/applications/roaming/skype/pictures. I have gone into all the files I can but they are not showing up? This is really frustrating.
Any ideas of how I get into this??
Thanks

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi Feather.
Type > skype pictures on computer > into search, I did it through Google
First two have answers one from Yahoo and tuther Skype forum.
Good Luck hope you find them
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

Odeho19
Odeho19

Hi Feather. Sorry you're having troubles with Skype. I love Skype! I'm uncertain which version of Windows you're running, but I'm running Vista. The Applications folder you speak of is hidden. So, you must unhide it in your Control Panel -> Folders options. Once there, go to View, and about half way down click on the radio button that says "show hidden files and folders". After that, it should be pretty easy to find. Here's what I see when I look @ mine:

Hope this helps you find yours. Remember after you're done to "re-hide" those folders again. Also, it might not be a bad idea to go in to Skype, and choose a different download location for your pics from now on so that you don't run into this issue again. The only setting I found to change the location of these, is in the Skype -> Tools -> Options -> IM & SMS setting dialogue. Good Luck!

Odean

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Feather

Odean,Thanks so much for your simple and concise reply. I have now found them and can transfer them somewhere else.
I would never have done this myself!
Kate,I did Google it before I posted here but still had not found them.

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi Feather
Well done,Ooh! I didn't mean you would not have googled was just giving you the words I typed in which gave the links that might help you, but even better good reply from Odean,
(why they are hidden beats me Ha!!)
Enjoy
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

Odeho19
Odeho19

Actually they're "hidden" so that people (re: little ones) don't accidentally mess with them/move them/ delete them/ add to them/ rename them/.....whatever. You get the idea. These are some of the more important system files and applications, and the kids in Redmond kind of figure, "out of sight, out of mind". Sometimes they're right, lots of times, they're not! ;-)

Odean

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Thanks Odean, another bit of info for grannys grey matter to try and store.
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

Feather

Hi Kate,I appreciate ANY reply on here!! :) I probably misunderstood the Google ref. I was just trying to explain what I had tried.
That is interesting Odean,I donĀ“t have any "little people" here so will leave my files out for a while!If this is not a good idea,let me know.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!