The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Cannot access webmail on a Mac

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cosrocket
  • Latest reply from JimKelly
  • Topic Viewed 1254 times

cosrocket

A friend has a White MacBook running Tiger OS X 10.4.6. When trying to access his gmail account via Safari, the blue load bar goes almost all the way across but stops just before the end and just stays there, it will not finish loading and bring up the gmail account. I tried resetting Safari and re-entering the account info but still have the same problem.

I then decided to install Firefox and try it, but to my surprise after I downloaded Firefox and attempted to open it there was a message that Firefox could not be installed on the Mac. I then tried to download and instal Google Chrome and got the same message, which seems strange to me.

After that we tried to login to his Hotmail account, and although it did accept the username and password, and showed the number of emails in his inbox, when we clicked on the inbox link it would not open.

Does anyone have any clue why these issues are happening??

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hi, it's probably because Tiger is such an old operating system (wild guess, but could be true).
If it's a MacBook, I believe it can be updated to as high as Snow leopard.

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

@ Hatty

I Believe it can go up to Lion but not Mt Lion.

I would of thought it is because of it age.

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Exactly Owen, I installed Lion on a white MacBook (the very first version, non-unibody plastic).

Posted 1 year ago

JimKelly

I think it has something to do with the OS. Try installing an upgraded version :)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!