SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Can windows 7 64 bit be downgraded to windows xp 32 bit?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by SmileyWitchFaerie
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 479 times

SmileyWitchFaerie

Hello, I'm really interested in downgrading my 64 bit windows 7 to a windows xp 32 bit. My question is can and how can it be done if possible? I'm not interested in having my mind changed either , lol . I've given windows 7 1 year chance to prove itself to me and it hasn't, it's just frustrating to use . I got stuck with this because my 32 bit crashed completely . MB., Hd's, speakers you name it , it all went in a black out . I miss the easy use of my past systems and compatibility also the fact of having to do without and finding alternative programs to use. What I'm looking for if it's possible is to wipe out windows 7 completely , nuke the boot system as if it never existed.
Thanks in advace :)

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Hi SWF, do you have the XP 32 bit installation disk + the drivers disk for your PC?

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Sure it can be done. If you have an XP license and an installation disc. Throw the disc in and off you go. Make first sure though that you can find ALL drivers for XP. That is not obvious with a PC that originally came with Windows 7. Here are places where you can get XP:

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=windows+xp&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest#q=windows+xp&hl=en&client=opera&tbo=u&channel=suggest&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=jD-wUOifBYL28wTn2IDACg&ved=0CE4Qsxg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=bf7869e8bdbcfbd6&bpcl=38897761&biw=1120&bih=549

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

SmileyWitchFaerie

First thanks for the responses! Yes I have all I need to do it, I just wanted to make sure it could be done with no issues. Thanks a million for telling me what I wanted to hear , lol

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

You'll be good for 500 days. Then Microsoft will stop all support of XP. But maybe by then we have the early trials of Windows 9.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.