• Latest reply from owen123
  • Topic Viewed 4285 times

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

Because there are many good apps for mac

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

It does not work like that I'm afraid! A windows app is for windows. A Mac app is for.....mac.
There are some apps written for both operating systems, but there is no CONVERSION software to make it work either way.

Perhaps give the forum some examples of what you require? And someone can pop in with a suggestion or two.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Are the apps written in C++ for example?

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Take VLC for instance. It's an open source project. Go to the official site and download the source codes for Windows and Mac, and see how the code is different for each platform. In short, no, you cannot convert an exe to a dmg. But yes, you can let us know if there's a Windows app you'd like, and we can let you know where to download its Mac version (or alternative).

The world would've been so much easier if we had programs and apps working on multiple platforms with a single code!

Posted 2 years ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

I want iWork for windows, we can make beautiful presentations with it.

Posted 2 years ago

minigeek
minigeek

As it's made by apple, only a mac or hackintosh could run it.

However, there are alternatives!
I noticed that you were a student - You may be able to get a HUGE student discount on office through your school. I did so. That would include powerpoint. You can download a free trial here. The student versions often require you to uninstall the trial and then install it off their disks.

You could also try the presenter out of LibreOffice.
LH have a "5 best presentation creation tools" article

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Yes, there SlideRocket for this purpose. Same great animations, and designs, stuff...
You can create awesome stuff in powerpoint as well, it all depends on your creativity.

Posted 2 years ago

owen123
owen123

If you wanted to open EXE on a Mac look at winery wineskin;

http://wineskin.doh123.com/tik.....=Downloads

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.