The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Can u believe this? PSU

(2 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by dwindsor49686
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 1437 times

dwindsor49686

So yesterday i'm checkin on the internet for a higher wattage PSU because im upgrading card and i decide on the one i want and i told myself id order it today. so i wake up today and i'm like "whats that smell?" it smelt electrical, so i was like well i got insurance, maybe the house will burn down, i need the money anyways. i get home about noon today and i still smell it, so i was looking around at every electrical thing in the house sniffin my little nose away, and bingo!, it stop at my big rig comp. i pulled the comp apart and it was my PSU smelling pretty stinky, so i tear it apart and it was a little burnt, no big deal, i was getting a new one anyways. but my QUESTION is this. i had the comp on stanby everynight for quick loading of OS, could anything else be damaged? nothing else look/smelled burnt except PSU. The PSU was warm still when i pulled it, probably meaning because it was on standby it was still getting current and slowly burning? any answers/suggestions would be helpful. its just weird though that the day i order a PSU, my PSU (and hopefully thats all) blows up.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

"....it smelt electrical, so i was like well i got insurance, maybe the house will burn down, i need the money anyways."

Classic :0

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!