How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Can any of you geeks help me please

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jarvo8
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 357 times

jarvo8

HI

I would be really grateful for any help anyone can give me as I am useless with a computer. I basically think I am being ripped off by someone I answered a job advert to sell shirts on Ebay for a guy I have sold a few and paid him the money via paypal and they have not been delivered . I now have people very upset as you can imagine, I have 2 email address contacts with this person who I thought was based in the UK but I did a IP search and found he is in the USA I have got his details of IP address,country,latitude longitude etc but need to able to find a physical address or track him down better is there anyway Ican do this I am going to get the Police involved or go to some type of internet fraud investigation so can anyone help me please I would be very grateful thanks

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Since you have the geographical location you need to see what city is near and look for ISP's in that area.

Posted 1 year ago

jarvo8

I have Mountain View California I wondered if I would be able to get a actual street address

Posted 1 year ago

jarvo8

PS I also have ISP: Google

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Remember that the IP address lookup will show where his ISP server is. Which could be hundreds of miles from his house.
I should pass it over to the police. They have trained people for what you want.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.