How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Caffeine

(23 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Budohorseman
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 2937 times

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

I don’t know about you, but I believe that every Geek forum requires a caffeine thread, so here we go.

For cold drinks, I go with Bawls http://www.bawls.com/buzz/buzz.html it’s good stuff so go get you some!

For hot drinks, I tend go with Guatemalan Vista Hermosa Premium Peaberry and Guatemala Antigua Los Volcanes, yes I am partial to Central and South American coffees. I tend to roast them to a City Roast or a Full City Roast depending upon my mood at the time. I prefer a nice medium-fine grind with a nice slow drip right into the carafe.

A nice Costa Rican or Hawaiian, are good too, for something similar but different. When I’m looking for something much different I’ll go with Tanzanian or Ethiopian.

For the record, yes, I am a coffee snob.

So how do you take your Geek Vitamin C?

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

:P

Well I love coffee, but am too skint and don't have the time for all the nice stuff!

However, I do get the Fairtrade stuff - just to make myself feel good!

Anyways, a quick cup of instant coffee is made a lot quicker than all your fancy stuff! (HAving said taht, if somebody else made me a filtered coffee right now I'd be very happy!)

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Once you've had a cup that was roasted moments ago, ground on the spot then brewed up, you'll never go back.

Oh, and what is a 'skint'?

Posted 6 years ago

p0oper89
p0oper89

I run basically on Red Bull. It's really hard being a geek and a pre-med major at the same time. Just want to be a GEEK! (Personally i do not consider my self one yet, because i still lack a lot of the basic knowledge).

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

http://www.southparkzone.com/e.....nomes.html

Too much pressure ;O

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i am just nocturnal and don't have to sleep

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

@Budohorseman, skint is broke, no money (well i have money but not enough for the luxuries!)
@ Scott, i see someone else is hooked on south park then!
Have you seen season 12! major boobage is hilarious!

@P0oper89 Red Bull too is great! (keeps me awake!)

There seemed to be a lot of '@' s in that post! :D

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I mix Arizona Energy, which is a kinda citrus, green tea and guarana... with mountain dew.

That's when I'm not drinking espresso, of course.

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Geek, I figure I owe you, so if you would like I can whip you up a nice Hawaiian Dark Roast, and assuming you are here in the States, I can get it to you in less than a week, and it will make great espresso!!1!11 let me know @gmail dot com.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i don't really drink that much caffine since it kinda puts me to sleep so ya but i do like a monster every once in awhile

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

@Budo

My sister actually lives in Hawaii... sends back coffee every so often =) I've got a really nice Gaggia machine, it's not the top of the line, but it's pretty good.

And you don't owe me anything... we're glad to have you around here.

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Hey Geek, I was actually referring to roasting you some coffee, I buy green beans and roast my own at home ;-) As for owing you, let's just say that I installed Vista on my new rig (finished building it about 6-7 weeks ago) and installed Vista Ultimate (OEM). Between you and AnandTech for advise on settings in Vista, this thing has been running sweet!! So for that (and I wish I remembered which site linked me here) I do owe you (and several other posters here) a debt of gratitude.

So I extend to you and anyone with more posts than me (well you can have 15% less due to time zones etc (I will fudge for the ones newer than me who have done good posts)) 1/2 cup of green coffee roasted anywhere from City Roast (popular in eastern US), Full City Roast (popular in western US), to a Dark Roast (you can tell me how dark you want it).

Offer is good for 48 hours after this post is made, yes, I will cover shipping so far lot's of good people and I don't mind it at all. I've got a good amount of Guatemalan and Costa Rican, I only have a smaller amount of Hawaiian, so that will be in reserve for The Geek, unless he wants to go for a sweet (as in excellent) Full City Roast of my Guatemalan Peaberry, which is one of my favorites.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

@budohorseman thx but i don't drink coffee and i couldn't except anyways

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

We're big fans of Hawaii and Hawaiian Kona and frequently discuss espresso brews with The Geek. No kidding.

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

The only stuff I have on hand (from Hawaii) is a Kauai Peaberry, but I do have quite a bit of my faves from Guatemala and Costa Rica.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

You may need one of these
http://www.hackaday.com/2008/0.....o-awesome/

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

Ah... Caffeine. "Nector of the Gods" for geeks! In the morning I do coffee. Then for the rest of the day ... and I swear by this stuff ... although it is an acquired taste ... Yerba Mate Tea! The folks in South America drink it religiously through their bombilla's. It is a green tea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

I like the name! - 'yerba mate'
:D

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Doesn't that contain stimulation?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

@ Budohorseman

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn.....ource=espn

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!