How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Buying drugs

(19 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by warlock
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 621 times

warlock
warlock

Many of us on the forum here are older and to save a couple of dollars buy perscription drugs online. In the USA this was just listed, maybe of interest to some.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/Resou.....efault.htm

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Saw something interesting the other day, that the drugs they sell in tropical fish stores (maybe not all) are exactly the same product as used for humans. Much cheaper, and no prescription required. The only problem is they come under a different name, thus much research needed.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Many drugs, especially antibiotics, are available (quite a few without prescription) where livestock or equine supplies are sold, and for far less $$$ than at a 'human pharmacy'. Dosing, of course, must be adjusted... unless you and your horse weigh much the same.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

My 1st post wasn't meant for that. It was about buying your drugs safely online. Not trying to find something similar. That's a bad idea. It was meant to help people not go to sites that sell drugs for less money that may not be the proper drugs.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Sorry.
I'm a cheap bastard. Fixating on the "save a couple of dollars" just comes naturally.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

wl. I know. But I think we are talking about the same thing. My first full time job on an exotic bird farm (import and export) we used human drugs to treat sick birds. Pre internet, but bought cheap nonetheless.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

My concern was instead of going to the pharmacey here each month for a refill you can get a three month supply for one third the cost by mail. The insurance companies encourage this idea. But, buy from a reputable seller. We are talking humans here not birds.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

It is the same stuff, be it for birds, fish, animals, or humans. Just chemicals.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Yep. Even comes out of the same cauldron.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

So true.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Used all the same ingredients but the amount of some will change the taste of the porridge.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

That's where the research comes in.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

And, many are not up to it.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Such is life. Or not, if you don't know how.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Get back to you later on that . Watching NASCAR and making my own Plavix right now.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Why not Warfarin ? Very cheap. Inner bark of willow trees (free), and whisky (more expensive) but cheap if you make it yourself.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Working on it. Having trouble with the Crown Royal receipe.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I would suggest you go Bowmores.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

No Bowmores in my area.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.