Building to Building Internet

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by scorpion99
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 1152 times

scorpion99
scorpion99

Hello,
I have 2 Buildings separated by around 500 meters. I have a internet DSL conncetion in Building 1.I would like to give internet to the Building 2 wirelessly. Can anyone tell me what devices do I need to accomplish this?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I recommend you wait until noon EST and post your question in the new Discourse forum as this one is going away.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

And also consider that the distance for wireless is extremely limited, 30mtrs at most

500 mtrs would require a separate system to your existing setup, would involve line of site and a very poor connection, loss of path etc

Perhaps a chat with your isp to combine the 2 connections might help, certainly wireless is out over the distance you talk of

Mike

PS, you may have to ask this question again as we (HTG) are about to crash in a few hours and a new one created

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Mike, not strictly true. It is possible to WiFi over hundreds of miles. If it is line of sight. I did post the world record a few years ago. And they didn't use any amplification.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Not the normal technology we are talking about
The signal loss and the bandwidth loss over that small distance makes it quite useless for normal internet usage.

Line of site is, line of site, microwave, narrow band and low emissions, the power comes from the emitter not the receiver

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.