How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Building a new Computer

(14 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by IAMSPAZ
  • Latest reply from madmacs
  • Topic Viewed 2420 times

IAMSPAZ

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready to build a computer and I just wanted to run the parts list by some people before I go ahead and order them. Please look it over and let me know any tweaks/suggestions you have for it or if you see any compatibility problems. Thanks and happy reading.

Motherboard:
EVGA 790i 132-CK-NF79-A1

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650

Memory:
8gb OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600

Video Card:
Dual XFX GTX 280

Sound Card:
HT Omega Claro

Computer Case:
Apevia X-Jupiter G Type

Hard Drives:
Velociraptor 300gb 10000RPM
3x Samsung Spinpoint (RAID 5)

Optical Drives:
2x Samsung 22x
1x LG Supermulti Blu-Ray Burner

Power Supply:
Corsair 1000w Power Supply

Keyboard:
Microsoft Reclusa

Mouse:
Logitech G5

Operating System:
Windows Vista 64 Ultimate

Posted 6 years ago

brian7000

How much will this cost you?

Posted 6 years ago

IAMSPAZ

right now about $4600

Posted 6 years ago

brian7000

Wow. Why not just get a barebones from newegg or tigerdirect? May save ya alot of money.

Posted 6 years ago

IAMSPAZ

They don't really offer what I'm looking for

Posted 6 years ago

brian7000

Fair enough. Well the specs you posted look good to me. Barring the price... I'm cheap I guess...:)

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

IAMSPAZ,

In all honesty, I would pick my parts from (Newegg) or some other good vendor, put my build together and save BIG BUCKS for the SAME or BETTER Performance that you are going to get from the EVGA rig. You are are "Ripping Yourself Off" BIG TIME FOR THOUSANDS !! Newegg has got all that stuff and more. Nothing at all unusual about the EVGA HW components. In fact, some of the components can be bought at a Best Buy store.

Kindest Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

IAMSPAZ, I think this is an absolute overkill - and in 2 years this thing will look old anyhow. In view of the technological development you are much better off to go middle of the road and renew/upgrade every 2 or 3 years. You get a much better bang for the buck.

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

dell has an xps420 with almost the same specs for $900 they'll even throw in a flat panel monitor

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

very nice rig, but i´d wait 2-3 months with them 280 cards. They´re very steep in price at the moment, being just released a month or so ago. (Saying that, I don´t think u care how much it cost´s do you, lol

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

lmao OzSpitt.....

Posted 6 years ago

seanbean

Blimey IAMSPAZ - are you building a new computer or prototyping a Death Star? What WHS said.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

just asking but what would you need 3 disk drives for i think that one Samsung 22x of these and then one blue ray burner would work just fine. and the 8 gb's of ddr3 will raise the price a bit and i think with that much ram you would not see too much of a performance diff. than some higher quality ddr2 ram.

just my input you can do what you want because you will be the one buying but i think that you could seriosly save a lot of money if you look into it more then with that saved money you could buy a huge monitor or multiple monitors :)

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

Seeing as your going high end why not also use an Asus Xonar D2X sound card, it´s the muts nuts in my eyes!!!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.