The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Build an Event

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Andy-Ope
  • Latest reply from Andy-Ope
  • Topic Viewed 1306 times

Andy-Ope

I have a command button called SITREP which when I click on it, should open a Report called Sitrep which is populated by a table called InLogID?. How can I do this? Thanks.

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman

If the report is already tied to the table, then it should, by default, start displaying the first record in the table. Perhaps you have it tied to something other? If you want a prompt for a specific record (based on a single field), tie the report to a query with a [question] in the criteria of the field you want to have limited by the query. I.e. if you want it to pull up only a specific MemberName (assuming that MemberName is a field in the query) then in the criteria section of the field in the query you can type [Enter the Member Name] and Access will produce a pop-up box that will say "Enter the Member Name" and they will have a spot to type in budohorseman or Andy-Ope or whatever and that would be the criteria for the query. Feel free to email me at gmail dot com and I can help you tomorrow.

As for the other two, well, in general PDF's are pretty tough to copy from without something special. As for your start-up script, I'm sure one of us can help you work up some vba to get that.

Posted 6 years ago

Andy-Ope

Thanks. I will get back to you.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.