How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Wireless connection

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by onlyongabonga
  • Latest reply from onlyongabonga
  • Topic Viewed 1850 times

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

I have a Brother MFC-J825DW printer and since couple of days I am having trouble connecting my printer via WiFi. I troubleshooted by cleaning all old network info and putting the new one. My WiFi router is connecting to all other devices (Computer and Cell phones) but only this printer. If somebody have any idea what could be the source of the issue. The printer sees my WiFi on network and ask for password as well but after putting everything it comes back with connection failed message.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

What is your printer settings? static or dynamic ip???
Check this , it might help you
http://www.brother-usa.com/Mod.....N_5038.PDF

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

I am using dynamic IP. Boot methord is setuo as Auto.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

pretty easy set up.
i would start by completely uninstalling the printer and software that most likely got loaded when you initially set it up.
reinstall the printer / software.
i know someone personally that just went through this. literally just this week. suddenly lost ability to connect to it, while the software showed everything was fine, the display on the printer said something was'nt right and wasnt connecting to the computer / network.
he wasted a bunch of time trying to troubleshoot and ended up simply uninstalling and re-installing and everything started working again.

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

I tried that option but nothing works.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

that was really the most logical and only suggestion i could give since as i said it was a friend that recently experienced problems with this.
i myself dont own such a unit, so not sure exactly how to approach it myself.

what im about to say might not apply but in services theres a setting for print spooler, have a look at it to make sure its enabled / started.
to access go to run > services.msc and check there amongst the items. hey, while there - have a look to see if theres any that apply to the software or the printer itself.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

There are at least 3 types of secutity. WPA2, WPA, and WEP. are both the router and the printer capable of a type that matches? Are you sure you have used the proper Passkey?

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

The printer used to work before but since I changed my router with the same exact model. I am having trouble connecting to it. All other devices work except for this printer.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Exact same router, but maybe different firmware.

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

maybe. How to setup that firmware.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.