The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - bootmgr missing windows 7 x64

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by fuih8u
  • Latest reply from trondster
  • Topic Viewed 1414 times

fuih8u

Im running Windows 7 x64. When I installed it I had 4 hdds total. I pulled one of my older hdds out(formatted it first) and now I get the "bootmgr is missing" thing when I boot up. I read the forums and tried what fixes I could find. I tried doing the bootrec. I backedup the old bcd and made a new one. I found out my new hdd that I installed win7 onto didnt have an "active" partition. so i changed that and now i know something was probably setup onto the hdd i formatted and pulled out.
When I go into "repair your computer" on my win7 disk and it searches for operation systems it didnt see anything but since i made the partition "active" it sees one. however the "system recovery options" are "not compatible" since my win7 disk is win7 32 and 64. so i cant do a system restore.
when i go into "startup repair" in the system recovery options it tells me to remove any recently installed attatchments. under the diagnostic and repair details it says:
Boot manager is missing or corrupt.
repair action: file repair
Result:failed. error code = 0x15

im trying to be detailed so i dont waste anyones time.
any help would be much appreciated
thanx

Posted 5 years ago

fuih8u

Well Im glad no one could help, or could even post a reply. I found the solution. I had to download a specific Windows 7 x64 recovery disc and run the repair that way. Hope this helps someone else some day.

Posted 4 years ago

trondster

I found this rather useful. I had given up to find a solution, but then I found this. Thanks :)

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.