SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

"BOOTMGR is Missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" Problem...

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Branway
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 2511 times

Branway

Well, I have looked at the tutorial on here to fix this problem- (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/) but this requires the System Disk or the Recovery Disk which I do not have. So I can I fix this problem? Can I make a recovery disk with another computer that has Vista on it? If so how?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt

Welcome to HTG, Branway.
You could borrow a friends, neighbors, Relatives copy of Vista dvd as long as it's the same version that's installed on your PC then follow this tutorial.

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

madfaxingcat

I have also looked at the tutorial on how to fix this problem. This system was a gift so it did not come with a System Disk or Recovery disk. I did try a Vista from another computer but it was as if the cd drive did not recognize it at all. I can't get to a dos prompt to type in anything. I am able to get to the reboot menu and set up menu, but not sure what to do with either of them..lol. Could you please advise how I can repair this. It was for my grandchildren and I just hate that I busted their bubble and they are not able to play on it now. I would so appreciate you advise and assistance in this matter.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

madfaxingcat hi. Please can you start your own New Topic for your problem.

Posted 2 years ago

GabrielLowery

According to Computerhope.com on OEM computers such as Dell Hp Emachine Acer Compaq or ASUS you can access the hidden partition that will make your computer become the way it was when you first used it. you can access it with a pre-installed application or with a key combination as it boots. why don't you press the key depending on the computer.

Alt+F10=Acer
F9=ASUS
F10/F11 Compaq HP
Ctrl+F11 or F8=Dell
F11+Emachine Gateway Lenovo
F10=Sony
0/F8=Toshiba

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@GabrielLowery, OP might have 2 months ago.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.