SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

BOOTMGR is Missing (Can NOT boot from CD Drive!)

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Kriogenic
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 1300 times

Kriogenic

Hey everyone,
I had a Windows 7 PC, running the release candidate. I was messing around with the possibilities of Duel Booting with windows XP.
Upon failure I decided to format the entire hard drive and just install XP. I did this using the windows XP boot disk I deleted all partitions on the drive and made one partition on my drive. I then continued through setup untill the computer reboots. At this stage it is meant to read off the HDD and install windows XP but instead I get a nasty "BOOTMGR is missing" error.

The problem is I can't boot off any device. I have tried unplugging everything besides my CD drive and I still get the message. I've reset my bios and kept just the HDD plugged in expecting "Invalid System Disk" but again BOOTMGR missing.

Does anyone know any steps I could follow to get this working... I'm guessing its relatively hard if I can't even boot from a Floppy\CD\Harddrive...

If anyone thinks it could be a hardware related problem does anyone have any ideas on what piece of hardware would be causing the problem?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to HTG!
Sorry, seems everybody has the weekend off or something;)
I'll bump this for you, since I can't help you :(

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!