The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

"Bootmgr is missing".

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Efialtis
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 352 times

Efialtis

Hello guyz.I have a serious problem that i seriously cant solve thats why i am posting in this forum.First of all, as the title says i have problem with boot.When i start my pc, this message "bootmgr is missing.Please press control alt delete etc" appears in my monitor.I read toons of forums about this issue.No one of them did work for me.This problem occured sometime in the past and i solved it by making firt boot device cd rom, boot from windows cd ,repair my pc and all back to normal.This time boot from windows 7 cd didnt work.I even tried via DOS to press bootrec /fixboot, it said that it was all ok, but again when i restarted my pc this message was shown again.What i can do? :/.I think that my hard disks are rubbish but i need your help first! (Ah, and btw sorry for my bad english! ).

Posted 1 year ago

fallout330
fallout330

Looks like it may be time to fully test those hard drives, Efialtis. Are you able to boot up from the CD/DVD rom or even a thumb drive to start recovery for Windows 7? If this is the second time with the same error, these may be signs of an unstable hard drive. You can also try to install from a usb drive by downloading the windows 7 image and try the re-install from the usb drive.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Have a look at my post in this thread: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=8

Posted 1 year ago

Efialtis

Sorry i did report ur comment for no reason!!!!. YES! This is my problem, my disc doesnt have any active partition thats why it does not recognize any OS at all!!.All these tries that i did end up with this conclusion! So, how the partition wizard that u mentioned will help? Is there any other way that couldd probably help me? Thanks in advance!

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

1. Boot the system with the Partition Wizard CD.
2. Highlight the C partition.
3. Click on the Partition tab on the top
4. Go to Modify
5. Activate the partition (Set active)

Then run the Repair/Install 3 times with your installation/repair disc.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.