BootMGR is missing ..

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Dervie
  • Latest reply from mickeyblue
  • Topic Viewed 2488 times

Dervie

Well, according to this guide:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

I can do a Startup Repair, but when I get to the screen to choose my OS, nothing is there.
http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-co.....mage18.png

I've also tried to the CMD alternative:
bootrec /fixboot

That apparently made me not be able to boot from my CD drive. Now, when I try to boot from the drive, I get the same error:
BootMGR is missing

Is there a way to fix this? :S

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

hi Dervie, this seems to ba a very common problem with Vista. The fix above works sometimes and sometimes not. Try this link and see if it helps. You might also want to check you BIOS and make your optical device the 1st boot order. Hope this helps.

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

bdmember

Hello,
I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop. I have got the same problem i.e. BOOTMGR is missing. All this blunder happened when I accidentally marked one of my partitions as active. To resolve this problem, I again made a huge blunder. Without understanding, I formatted and deleted that partition for installing a new Windows 7. At present, I have an unallocated Disk space of 75GB, but whenever I try to make a new partition, a window containing this message appears: "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xC0000005".

Please anyone help me regarding this matter. I AM IN REAL TROUBLE...!!! THANKS...

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

bdmember you have posted a new topic in this subject, you can try the suggestions above, but please wait for assistance on your own topic.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.