How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

BOOTMGR error!!!

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Rickinferno
  • Latest reply from Nutcase
  • Topic Viewed 705 times

Rickinferno

Hello all!

I have just finished installing W7 Ultimate 64-bit, and when I boot I get the BOOTMGR is missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your system!
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Posted 4 years ago

cobija

welcome to HTG forums. a very good feature on this site is the search field. here is a forum post that is solved:

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=9

one method that might be helpful is that if you bought it, you can try to boot from the disc and follow these instructions to help you:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

hope this helps and enjoy the forums!

Posted 4 years ago

Nutcase
Nutcase

You may need to adjust the boot sequence in your BIOS first.

The problem might occur because Windows wants to load to the Active drive or the first drive in your boot sequence. I had just such a problem recently and my system wnated to load to my IDE master as opposed to my SATA. To check for this, load your setup disk and reboot. If Vista loads, this could be the problem. There are a number of ways to correct this. I took the thorough root and reloaded the system AFTER I changed the boot sequence to SATA master. You can create a boot disk, which will release all your files for imaging and then clone the system either on to the appropriate drive or the drive that you are currently using. Sysprep (not sure if available in Vista ultimate) is a fantastic tool to this end. Right click your computer and then 'manage' to have a look at your disk arrangement. This can tell you alot about what is going on too. This is my first post on How-To-Geek so please forgive my shortcomings and/or if I am talking down to you. Cheers, Nutcracker

PS those who know have been saved!

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.