SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Boot Manager Missing but I didnt do anything?

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by yasuelf1
  • Latest reply from JHubbard92
  • Topic Viewed 1592 times

yasuelf1

I have been reading about the bootmanager missing thing cause I had the message come up last night but I didnt realize that you were not supposed to delete the previous windows. I deleted what I thought was the old windows like...2 or 3 weeks ago and last night I was installing a driver for a wacom tablet and I had to restart the computer. When I did I got that message. But I didnt do anything with widows at that time. I have restarted the computer pleanty of times before. Does the repair thing on the disk still work if I deleted the old windows? I can't even get the BIOS to do anything cause it says press F2 but it acts like the keyboard isnt working till I get to the Boot manager is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. And then it works but it just restarts

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

Hello yasuelf1 and welcome to How-To-Geek,

This is a very common problem, click the link below and follow the steps into fixing your problem.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

If this does not fix the problem, comment back here, fellow members and I will look at other options.

Regards.

Jordan

Edit: I see you had Windows 7. If you do not have an install disc you can create a repair disc by clicking Start and typing in search without quotes "create a system repair disc" and hit enter. You will require a blank CD-R to burn the repair files to. Once created insert at startup.

Posted 4 years ago

yasuelf1

the tutorial you showed me is for Vista. Does the same thing go for XP? cause that was the one I had originally. I had xp and upgraded to 7. Do I use the xp disc or the 7 disk?

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

You use the disc for what ever OS is installed at the moment, so in your case, you have Windows 7 installed now, so use the Windows 7 disc. :-)

Edit, Just follow the same steps in that tutorial for your Windows 7.

Posted 4 years ago

yasuelf1

ok, so i used the disc and nada. I tried both ways. Here is what would happen. I have 3 hard drives in my computer. 1TB 500gb and 74.5gb. Originally I had Windows7 on the 1TB. So I put the disc in and only had the 1TB HD plugged in. And the screen wouldn't even move past the BIOS screen to the "boot mgr missing" So i figured hey maybe I have that wrong HD. So i checked the other two and they both moved to the "boot mgr missing" screen but when I went to repair they both said there was no previous windows on it to repair. So after repeated trying to get the 1tb to work I loaded windows 7 onto the 74.5 gb with no problems and i hooked in the other two drives cause even when i had windows installed it wouldn't go past the bios screen unless I had only the 74.5gb plugged in. If either or the other ones were plugged in it wouldn't move. So after getting the computer running I plugged in the other two drives and it now recognizes the 500gb but not the 1tb. It took the computer almost 15 minutes to recognize the 500gb. What do I do about the 1TB? I don't think the drive is broken but i would like some opinions. I cant even bring it up so i can reformat or anything. Although i would have liked to keep all the programs on there so i didn't have to reload them all >.< Hours more work. And btw how do i keep this from happening in the future? What did i do to cause this?

Posted 4 years ago

yasuelf1

Can anyone help?

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

Shame it didn't work, unfortunetely I don't think I can help any futher as I cannot think of any next moves. Hopefully another member will be able to help :-)

Regards.

Jordan

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!