SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Boot Mac OS X Leopard on a Windows PC ?

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Jamito
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 537 times

Jamito

Hey guys, i recently purchased the retail version of the Mac OS X Leopard (not snow) version 10.5. I am currently running windows 7 which contains 2x 250gb hard drives. ONe hard drive is used for all of my windows 7 things, and the other 250gb one is completely blank and formatted. Im wondering if I can simply put the Mac disk in, and then choose my formatted partition? Also, Once this was complete would i be able to switch between them easily, for example at start-up would i be able to choose which OS to boot into ? Thanks in Advance!

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Intel Pentium 3.8 ghz (2 cores)
Nvidia 9600 gt 1gb
2x 250gb (500gb)
2gb Ram

Thank you !!!

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56
baldeguy56

Jamito, hi and welcome to HTG. A common question, but I'm sorry to say the answer is no. There is a possible way, though I have not investigated , but only briefly. It is a free utility called an emulator. Here is where you can get that utility. Please investigate it throughly before making any major changes and have a backup of your current OS on the ready. Good luck...Garry

NOTE: The dependence of Apple hardware, etc. may not be compatible with yours nor your BIOS. Like I suggested, please investigate completely. Looking into it a little further, I, myself, would not do it. Any possible chance of my system not being able to boot or damaged hardware is enough for me to conclude it unwise...Garry Read

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

It can be done, (I had it working on my laptop -sort of-, but it's really not worth all the trouble IMO)

Just a few of my bookmarks..
Hackint0sh
OSx86
Also see here

As Garry said, this isn't something you should take lightly. Good luck :-)

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

You could also install it in a virtual machine if you don't want to risk installing it side by side with Windows.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!