At first I thought this was going to be an easy chore, because I had a link to "Reference Links", but it was dead. So then I started going through my bookmarks, and before I knew it I was hooked.
Now if anyone wants to find fault with these, that will be easy to do.
I haven't organized these alphabetically, and there may be some duplicates, especially in the categories. However, I DID check each link, and they are all active.
As best I could determine, all the links are malware free.
I tried to filter everything through a reference perspective, only choosing those sites that had some kind of a reference angle. Nevertheless, I may have included some sites that don't exactly fit that category.
There are a lot of other sites for some of these categories, and what I chose may not be the best.
OK . . . here it is:
2. File extensions:
5. Medline+: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
6. CD Info: http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/welcome.htm
7. Laptop Reviews and Selection:
9. Modem info:
10. Hardware info:
11. USB Info:
12. Keyboard stencils/overlays:
14. Internet Traffic Report:
15. Adware info:
16. MVPS Hosts file:
17. Security Program links (free):
18. PGP Info:
19. Security Info:
20. Security Software updates:
21. HTML Codes Chart:
22. Animated Graphics:
Link removed by mod.
25. Technology definitions and info:
26. File Extensions:
27. File Hashes:
28. Connection error messages:
29. Old Versions:
30. MS Update/Security patch bug info:
31. On line virus scanners:
32. Antivirus software vendors:
33. Encyclopedias and dictonaries:
36. Credit rates:
39. Federal Statistics
41. General reference:
44. US Census Bureau:
45. Bureau od Labor Statistics:
46. Medical Definitions:
47. Prescription Drug Info:
48. Nutrition Info:
49. Mozilla Knowledge Base:
50. Movies amd TV:
52. Phone Rates:
53. Stats on Cities:
54. Financial info: