How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

blue screen on windows 7

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by oscar13
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 542 times

oscar13

Hi,
My laptop crashed, I had the blue screen but then I re-booted and now all my icons are showing but its very slow and somtimes I cant open any files! I ran a test and it give me the following codes:
0F00 065D
0F00 075D
0F00 1344

Any help would be appreciated as Im not very clued up with PCs

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Looks like the Hard Drive is not in good shape, I would backup everything you need to an external hard drive and think about replacing the faulty one!
How old is the Laptop and Make and Model?

Posted 1 year ago

oscar13

Thought it might be that, will I be able to back up if I remove the hard drive from the laptop, put it into a reader and transfer the files to another laptop?
The laptop does not recognise if I plug a external hard drive into the USB port so O have no other way of backing it up. The laptop is a DELL INSPIRON 1545, its approx 3 years old.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Depending on how bad it is, you can remove the hard drive and place it into a USB caddie and see if you can access the data that way.

Posted 1 year ago

oscar13

Ok think I will go down that route, if there's anything else I can do then please kept me informed, thanks for the advice

Posted 1 year ago

Colshy
Colshy

Not sure if this is still current/in date, but it might be another method.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-computer/

Second gedstar with the hard drive failing, time to get an SSD!!!

http://www.crucial.com/uk/stor.....38;Cat=SSD

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

I second the SSD and keep your Data on an External Hard Drive.
I have 2 External Hard Drives that I keep in sync and keep all my data on. You just never know!

Posted 1 year ago

oscar13

Thanks for the info guys, I've purchased a new hard drive and put it in my laptop, when I turned the laptop on, and it comes up "no boot sector on internal hard drive, I've tried turning it on, pressing F12 and it gives me choices of
Internal hard drive
Cd/DVD/cd-rw drive
Onboard NIC
BIOS setup
Diagnostics

I've put in my windows 6 disc, do I click on cd/DVD drive? When I do click on the option it comes up as "no bot sector on internal hard drive! Please help and giver as much info as possible

Posted 1 year ago

oscar13

Meant windows 7

Posted 1 year ago

Colshy
Colshy

You'll need to change the Boot option in BIOS so it reads the Boot options from the DVD before it tries to read it from your new HDD (which there's nothing on...). It looks like it's looking at your Internal Hard Drive first (see the order they're in?) so change the order so the DVD drive is above it. Reboot and follow the prompt to Press Any Key...

Posted 1 year ago

oscar13

I've jusr tried what you said and it still comes up no bootable devices

Posted 1 year ago

oscar13

I've even put a USB stick which contains all the drives, clicked on it and it comes up "missing operating system"

Posted 1 year ago

Colshy
Colshy

Sounds from your two posts it's still trying to read from your hard disk. Are you certain it's looking for the DVD Drive first?

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

when you boot up and you get the "boot from DC/DVD message" press any key. Doing this will allow your system to boot off your optical device. Are you sure your Win7 disk is bootable?
Does this new HDD show in the BIOS?

Posted 1 year ago

soumyajeetsatpathy

i think that the old hdd you took out contained all the data of the operating sysytem and BIOS. you put the old hdd into the computer, backup the full drive in a dvd then again put the new hdd and transfer all the data from the dvd into the new hdd. otherwise install the windows 7 operating system from a disc to your pc with the new hdd in it.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

oscar13, if you quite positive the Windows 7 disc is bootable, from your previous post wherein you press F12 and gave you the choices, choose Cd/DVD/cd-rw drive (use the up/down arrow key to navigate, I think you can not use the mouse at this time) and press Enter key and boot from the disc.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

As G41M, but you will then get a message to verify that you want to boot from that device. It doesn't give you very long to hit any key, so pay attention.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.