Blue Screen Error: stop 0x00000024

(15 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by danbywinby
  • Latest reply from danbywinby
  • Topic Viewed 1327 times

danbywinby

Hi Guys

I have a Windows XP computer.

Whenever i boot it up i get to a screen enabling to go to safe mode, safe mode with networking etc etc.
No matter what option i choose i eventually get the blue sceen of death with the following error:
stop 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82324270, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

I have tried booting to an XP cd but then i get setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration for ages and then the computer just restarts by itself.

I have also tried booting to a ubuntu cd and installing that but that does not work either.

Thank You

Danby

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

What make and model is the PC, you may need a utility to check the hard drive, most manufacturers have a utility for checking the hard drive in the BIOS

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi danbywinby ,

Sounds like your HDD may be on the way out, or at least the Drivers for the NTFS system are failing/corrupted.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi Gedstar

The computer is custom built by a mate several years ago.

Danby

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Do you know the make of the Hard Drive, if so go to the Manufacturers website and you should be able to download a diagnostic utility.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi Gedstar

No i dont know the make of the hard drive either and a diagnostic utility probs wont be much help as i cant get to the desktop.

Danby

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

Have you connected any external or internal device to your PC recently???

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

See if this helps, --> http://support.microsoft.com/k.....wsignin1.0

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi scorpion99

No i havent connected any new devices to the computer recently.

And ispalten no im afraid that doesnt help because most of what it says i cant do as i cant get to my desktop and ive tried booting into an xp cd but i get "setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration" and then my computer restarts by itself.

Danby

Posted 1 year ago

nosparks

I'd unplug the hard drive and try booting from the Live Linux CD again. If it boots this way you would know it's a physical problem with the drive as opposed to a file problem on the drive.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi nosparks

Personally i would prefer to not open the case of the computer and mess about inside the case as i have never done that before and i dont want to damage the computer.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

Can you boot from a windows XP CD and make a check disk???

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi scorpion99

I have tried to boot from an XP cd but all i get is "setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration" and then my computer restarts by itself

Danby

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Try gong into BIOS setup by tapping several times at boot up the DEL or F2 key (depending on your PC model). You should see your hard disk drive manufacturer from there. Download from the manufacturer's site their diagnostic utility and burn it on a working computer. Use the utility to diagnose and if possible repair your the hard drive.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Hi G41M

Thank you for that i shall try that when i can.

Danby

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!