The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Blinking Explorer Icon When Logging Off

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by sacopaddler
  • Latest reply from sacopaddler
  • Topic Viewed 2106 times

sacopaddler

I have an XP machine at home with 3 users configured. When I log off from my session my IE icon starts blinking like there are hidden browsers running somewhere in the background. I have Spybot Search and Destroy loaded as well as NAV but they don't seem to come up with anything. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Could you please email a screenshot to Michael@wildlamb.com or explain more fully what you mean to help us divulge a solution to your problem.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

sacopaddler

The IE icon blinks as if you single clicked the mouse to highlight it then clicked the desktop to unhighlight the selected icon. It does this ~3-5 times quickly and then logs off.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Oh right =) Now I follow.

This happens when you logoff? If the blue bar cover the text as though you selected it appears: This Is Perfectly Normal.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

Ram3L

sacopaddler

End It From Your Task Manager From The Process Just Make Sure You Don't Touch Any SYSTEM Or Explorer.exe But The Rest Close Them All Does Speed Your PC A Lil Bit Also.

Posted 6 years ago

sacopaddler

This occurs when no programs are running. I have beenonline for a bit, and when I close all programs and select log off from the start menu it does the blinking thing. It is as if there are IE sessions running in the background. When I use task manager I don't see these sessions running. It is very weird.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Have you tried disabling NAV temporarily?

Posted 6 years ago

sacopaddler

No, I haven't tried to disable NAV. I'll give that a shot tonight, and post what I find.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!