The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Blackberry or Palm Device

(5 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by mysticgeek
  • Latest reply from FMZ
  • Topic Viewed 1662 times

mysticgeek

So, I am looking at purchasing a hand held device like a Blackberry or Palm ... never owned on before ... any suggestions?

Posted 7 years ago

macman
macman

I have been supplied a Treo 600 and later a Treo 650 by my company (both are PalmOS devices). I can truthfully say that they both are pieces of junk (a friend has the Treo700 and says the same but has to reset it less than I do mine).

My wife use a Blackberry and loves it.

Do you have a friend with either that you could play with?

Posted 7 years ago

thedudester

I have a friend that loves his treo something (latest one)... but I know another person that hates it. Same thing with blackberry...

I think you really should spend 10 minutes with each.

Posted 7 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I tend to agree with the comments... trying it out is important.

Posted 7 years ago

FMZ
FMZ

I used compaq and after the hp takeover hp ipaq pda's now over 13 years, the are very durable, well build and the windows based OS is very compatible with any windows based comp. The active-sync program works well and fast, the unit I have right now (5 years old) has a SD and CompactFlash expansion slots, besides that it has bluetooth, the processor is quick. I like the Windows OS, it runs all Microsoft Office products seamless I even run Power-point presentations in my meetings straight into the projector. the only thing I miss is wifi and I would be all set.

It early depends what you are looking for, I choose a model without phone capacities, when I'm off I do not need all this info and just want to carry around my mobile phone, but if you need both combined I advise you to go with one of the Blackberry models.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.