How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Bit locker,smart card

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Azazeel
  • Latest reply from Azazeel
  • Topic Viewed 1068 times

Azazeel
Azazeel

Bitlocker is a great feature. i was using it to encrypt data, now we all know it asks for a password or a smart card, now password i understand but this smart card? at first i thought that may be i culd use my 2gb flash drive to unlock the drive,i.e using it as a key. but dat was not de case.now i think its sumthin else. it culd really be cool to actually use a device as a key to unlock ur drive,i .e just insert the device and de drive is unlocked. no need to type a password. Please shed some light! Thank u!

Posted 4 years ago

Azazeel
Azazeel

Guess no body is willing to have a look at this thread..

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

When writing to us, please do not be petulant. Looking at the top of the thread, it says "Topic Viewed 15 times", so certainly some folks have had a look.

You would get a lot more sympathy if you bothered to do even the tiniest bit of research on your own. You could google on "Smart cards" or look it up on Wikipedia.

Posted 4 years ago

Azazeel
Azazeel

oh! Really sorry, i didnt mean to be petulant at all, its just that i wanted to have this topic disscussed in this site by some experts,so it can be usefull to any one. I respect you scott so i am sorry dude..

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!