(Solved) - BIOS VERSION

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by xjelly
  • Latest reply from xjelly
  • Topic Viewed 1021 times

xjelly

I want to install Intel Control Center.

The requirement is
- If IntelĀ® Desktop Board DX58SO, use the BIOS: SOX5810J.86A version 5559 or newer
- If IntelĀ® Desktop Boards DP55KG or DP55SB, use the BIOS: KGIBX10J.86A version 5924 or newer.

Meanwhile my
-BIOS Version 013.012.000.027
-BIOS Part Number BR39535
-BIOS Date 2011/08/07

Can I install this ?

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

Before making any change you need to find your Mobo board part number including any revisions. Your manual will tell you the model number.

EDIT: None of the numbers you listed match up with your current BIOS version

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

I don't have the manual right know, any other way to check? In case I installed the wrong driver what are the effects?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

The Belarc Advisor (free) will tell you.

Posted 1 year ago

0xMalloc

Open the run box and type msinfo32. this provides lots of good data on your PC. Otherwise, crack open the case and look for labels on the board.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

I had tried run msinfo32. It says American Megatrends Inc. K43SA.208, 18/8/2011.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Then you do not have one of the BIOS' required.

Posted 1 year ago

0xMalloc

@Xjelly what makes you think you need to install this Intel software? Perhaps someone might be able to direct you to something more universal or suitable to your system. Or its probably something you don't need at all. Often people want to add more software to "tune" their system when really they just need to clean just that type of software off because it consumes valuable resources.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

TQ OxMalloc for your advice

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.