The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

BIOS not accessable through Windows 8 Advanced Settings in "PC Settings"

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by peter333
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1004 times

peter333

http://www.howtogeek.com/12601.....ions-menu/ unfortunately doesn't provide a solution to my problem.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P870 Notebook.

I need to change the boot order. I can't do this through the Windows 8 Advanced Options unfortunately. Any BIOS software that you may know which would solve this problem please?

I'd love to use my Toshiba Recovery Discs but unfortunately my optical drive is not the 1st boot device apparently. Thank you again.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Look at the splash screen immediately after power-on. It should tell you which Function key to press (tap). On my Toshiba it is F2 for setup and F12 for boot menu. You may want to set the CD/DVD drive permanently as first (with F2).

Posted 1 year ago

peter333

There is no splash screen and I've tried esc, f1, f2, f12 at boot up without success.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

The manual says - to change the boot drive, hold down F12 and boot the computer. When the Toshiba Leading Innovation logo screen appears, release the F12 key. Use the up and down cursor keys to select the boot device and press Enter.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

Did you try the "Del" button ???

Posted 1 year ago

StarFerret

You have to turn off the "fast startup" before you can get into the BIOS. Windows 8 comes with fast startup enabled; you have to disable that before it'll let you into your BIOS.

Go here for info on how to do it. http://www.eightforums.com/tut.....s-8-a.html

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

StarFerret - very good suggestion. That UEFI is going to drive us nuts.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!