The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - BIG problem

(25 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by xjelly
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 1545 times

xjelly

Hello everyone. When I click network icon at taskbar to view active internet connection, nothing happen. Can anybody help me ?

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten

Probably with more info..

How connected? What do you see when you open the NETWORK and SHARING CENTER? What is on the ADVANCED TAB?

H/W used, computer, wired, wireless? Router? Modem?

Basic indication is that your network adapter isn't seeing a connection, but without more info, hard to say why? Pretty sure you are running WIRELESSLY though. If so, how far are you from the router? Has this worked before?

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99

Is your PC recently formatted???

Posted 1 year ago

whs

What happens when you right click on the icon ??

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

I have ASUS laptop

No, didn`t formated it

I can right click it but when I left click I can`t view the internet connection tray

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Can you bring up the network and sharing center here: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

That the only way I can view my internet connection, but I can`t use normal way.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

I can`t click the wireless network icon in the notification area.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

That is the tray I can`t open when I click it.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

Have to setup the Router and the Computer with the SAME Wireless Encryption method and key. To do so must be cable connected to the wireless Router and then setup both pieces of wireless equipment at the same time.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Why is the date set to 10/20/2008?

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

I think I have a bigger problem now. When I start my computer the icon can functioning for a few times. After a few minutes when I click it, Google Chrome open automatically and I can`t click it more to view the connection tray unless right-click it, select Open Network and Sharing Center and click Connect or disconnect to view the tray.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Have you run Malware scans? Suggest Malwarebytes Antimalware and/or SuperAntiSpyware

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Bumping.

xjelly, please don't start new threads for the same problem.

Please follow the advice from members above and report back with the results.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@xjelly, I would run the scans suggested by Xhi, above. My question is if that is an actual screen shot you have posted above why is the date wrong. If it is yours it would suggest you have a bad CMOS battery on the motherboard. That controls much more than just the date.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

i had run the scan but using AVG antivirus free edition and no virus found. Should I uninstall it and install Malwarebytes Antimalware . The picture that have wrong date is just a random picture I took from internet because I din`t know how to put picture on the internet. Sorry for the second post.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

No need to uninstall AVG to be able to install and run MalawareBytes AntiMalware.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

Is it OK to have 2 antivirus, AVG and MalawareBytes AntiMalware.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Don't really advise AVG these days. MBAM is not an AV. Did you buy it ?

Posted 1 year ago

whs

AVG is an AV suite and Malwarebytes is a scanner. You can have them both.

Btw: AVG is not really any good. Suggest you use MSE instead. But when you uninstall AVG, use their uninstaller. Pick the uninstaller from here. I cannot post it because it would be a direct link.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.