(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by djhull3917
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 660 times

djhull3917

Thanks Guys ......

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Hi Dan, a question is better answered with the fullest of information.

What are you trying to achieve in the creation, the text or the image, the image might become the logo.

What software are you running at the moment, windows or linux?

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

Pencil

Ruler

Set Square

Protractor

Compass

Drafting Desk

And the good ole' Creative Juices.

Posted 2 years ago

djhull3917

@vistamike

i am trying to create an image that can be potentially used as someones logo e.g youtube, local buissness etc/7

i am running win7 and on other pc win8, i am on a budget (being a student !) so cannon afford adobe illustrator etc as i recently purchased AE, is inkscape any good?

Posted 2 years ago

afuhnk

In french we have a saying: L'habit ne fait pas le moine.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

A logo is a product of your creativity based on the needs and desires of what the client wants it to represent.

What I'm tyring to say is... you can use any tool at your disposal, be it Photoshop or PowerPoint.

But if you want something a little more advanced than PowerPoint, Gimp would be a good choice.

Posted 2 years ago

KDrive

The first thing you should do is to get out a piece of paper and pencil, and make some sketches of potential designs for your logo. You need to get a good solid idea first. Then, you will finish it on the computer. That is easily done. You can take a digital photo of your final sketch and use it in whatever graphics program you use. But, you need a good idea. I'll bet you have some ideas floating around in your head right now. So, you have to get them down on paper. It is a lot faster to sketch out an idea on paper than to use a graphics program. (The only exception to this is to use a graphics tablet hooked up to your computer. But, you said you were on a budget.)

If you need feedback on your initial designs you could post them to Deviant Art or find a good graphics design Group on Flickr. A lot of artists use Flickr to share their work.

Inkscape is a good program. I learned to use Illustrator extensively in some college course some years ago. I could never afford a copy for my own use. I tried Inkscape and was very happy with it. You cannot beat the Pen Tool in these two applications for making good solid sharp linework. Inkscape has a Pen Tool and most of the other features that Illustrator has that you would need to produce a logo. There are tutorials available online for Inkscape.

I have heard that Gimp is a good program. I use Paint.Net. If your logo is simple enough you may be able to do a good version of it using the graphics in MS Word. I am not familiar with the graphics available in PowerPoint.

Best of luck

Posted 2 years ago

mikesratsdeeps

i too searching for that nothing to recommend but picasa which is windows default , guyys please suggetst me too...

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

mikesratsdeeps hi. Please start your own New Topic for your question.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

"If you need feedback on your initial designs you could post them to Deviant Art or find a good graphics design Group on Flickr. A lot of artists use Flickr to share their work."
Use caution when putting your non-copyrighted logo on a public site as tomorrow you might just see it listed as someone else's logo. If you go to those sites just ask for general information / feedback.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.