How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Best Free Website Hosting

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by danbywinby
  • Latest reply from danbywinby
  • Topic Viewed 702 times

danbywinby

Hi

I create my own websites and i want to be able to put them online at the moment i am using my mates server for hosting them on however i would like to be able to host the website however i dont have money to pay for hosting. So i need FREE hosting.

What would you guys reccomend as a good company to go with for free hosting i want a short easy to remember domain name with the option to purchase my own domain in the future and use that. I also want FTP access as that i show edit my websites on my friends server at the moment. Also NO ADS!!!!

I do have a long wishlist i understand but what company would you guys suggest to go with????

Posted 1 year ago

edmenje
edmenje

I have been using freehostingeu.com for a while now and haven't had problems, you also get a free MySQL database for Wordpress and Joomla, FTP, No ads etc. and moved my registered domain over to them, you can also get free domain of your choice with an eu.pn TLD. I've been pretty happy with them so far unlike the previous host I had tried which required minimum activity on their forums, none of that here. My only issue with the free account is not being able to utilize the Google Accounts email addresses with my domain which I was able to do on another host so I just have to use their email system to use my @mydomain email address.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Thank Edmenje

But i have had a look at the features of freehostingeu.com and have decided that the 200mb disk space is not enough for me as i have already used 120mb on my mates server. If only there was a way to get my own server for free without needing to keep my laptop or my parents comp on 24/7 lol.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

I don't use any of the free webhosts, but you may wish to have a look at:
http://www.000webhost.com/

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Thanks Doctordeere

I shall take a look at 000webhost.com and see what features it provides.

Just out of interest though is there anyway at all to use my own computer as a web server without having to leave it on 24/7, for example i was thinking of having it so that i edit the website and everything from my computer and then it syncs to somewhere in the internet so that if my computer is switched off i or anyone else can still view my website because another version of it is stored elsewhere. Is this at all possible????

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Not sure why you would want to have it on your computer part time. But, The main IP location which a user would retrieve from a Data Name Server (DNS) would have to be on all the time. It would serve no purpose. the pro9cess of testing the site on your local computer then rapidly uploading changes to the live site using FTP is rather easy and fast.

Posted 1 year ago

danbywinby

Forgot what i said before lol i just realised that that would be stupid and pointless lol

What i basically want is to use a good free web hosting company to host some of my websites on. I need a decent amount of storage to sore my websites on. And also FTP access, MySQL, PHP etc.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!