How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Belkin F5D7001

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LarrySr
  • Latest reply from LarrySr
  • Topic Viewed 1215 times

LarrySr
LarrySr

I have a Belkin wireless card model number F5D7001 version 1000. I download the latest driver from Belkin and it says it will work for Windows up to XP but it does not say anything about Windows 7. Does anyone know if it will work for Windows 7? Has anyone tried it on Windows 7? A friend of mine who does not live near me asked me if I had a wireless card I could give him and I was going to mail it to him but I know he uses Windows 7 and I don't want to mail it if it will not work for him on Windows 7.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

USB Wireless adapters are cheap. Many less than $15 US. Cheaper, probably than the postage to send it to him, and it would have modern capabilities and speed.

Posted 1 year ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

Still need the answer to the question.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

LarrySr, hi.

I see that there are DRIVERS for Vista so I presume it should work correctly with Windows 7.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

You can but try.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Just because there are Vista drivers does not mean it will work with Windows 7. The answer to your question can only be found by actually hooking it up to a Windows 7 computer. It is old Wireless G technology. For the price of postage your friend could have wireless n.

In any event Belkin says

Windows 7 Product Support Information

Windows 7 users:

If you are using an older Belkin Networking product, you may not have support for Windows 7 with your current software.

Software updates will be posted as they become available. Please check back if your product is not currently supported.

Some updates may still be in the process of going through Microsoft’s official certification program. Although they have been thoroughly tested, they may present a warning message when the driver is being installed. These drivers will install on 32 bit operating systems but not on 64 bit systems, which is the normal and expected behaviour.

Even though your product may currently not be supported under Windows 7, it may very well work on it; in the majority of cases, software and drivers for Windows Vista will work on Windows 7 without a problem.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

..like I said " I presume "..

Posted 1 year ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

Thank you CompWiz your help is greatly appreciated.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.