The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Battery Problem with Vista Ultimate

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by kennasoft
  • Latest reply from sazzylou1981
  • Topic Viewed 13760 times

kennasoft

I recently purchased a new Sony VAIO laptop (VGN-NR21J/S) and due to my needs, I decided to remove the Windows Vista Home Premium edition and install Vista ultimate. Since I did that, apart from the driver issues i encountered, I am currently faced with a nerve-stretching bug that is driving me mad.

I keep getting a message box that floats above all other windows with the following message:

"The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer.

Click "OK" to enter Hibernate mode,and remove and reinsert the battery.

See the VAIO(R) User Guide for more information about using the battery."

m

Yes, I have followed the instruction to the letter, but the problem persists.
Somebody please help!

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Turn off computer. Unplug everthing.
Take the battery out. Put it back in (do this half a dozen times)
What happens?

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

You asked on another topic about drivers for Windows XP Pro. Just wondering why do want both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro installed?

Posted 5 years ago

titovelazques

Hey, the same thing happened to me with a Vaio vgn-cr490. I upgraded from Vista Business to Ultimate and the list of drivers published by sony 'li http://esupport.sony.com/US/pe.....l=VGNCR490' is intended for Business and Home Premium. The thing is I just uninstalled the driver that seemed to be messing up "Vaio Power Management" and voila.
Hope it works for you too

Posted 5 years ago

sazzylou1981

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with the Sony Vaio FE21M. Just purchased a new battery as mine had completely stopped working and I am now getting this same message. Can you please tell me what the driver is that you uninstalled so I can try the same thing?

Thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!