The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Battery Meter disappears in Windows 7 taskbar

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by purimcarnival
  • Latest reply from purimcarnival
  • Topic Viewed 2407 times

purimcarnival

The battery meter in windows 7 disappears. it tends to happen either on boot or when the icon changes. When it disappears if i go to trun icons on and off the better meter is set to off and is grayed out so I cant change it. Any body else have the same problem or know what it is/how to fix it??? thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

I believe i fixed it and just in case any one runs into this problem i will say what i believe happened. This occurred on a dell mini 10v, i uninstalled the stock software that dell installs on the computer called battery meter with Revo Uninstaller. I think this altered the power settings in windows and caused the battery meter in the taskbar to disappear. I reinstalled the battery meter software from dells website and this appears to have fixed the issue. My advice; don't uninstall the battery meter software just set it to run manually in "services.msc". If you do a clean install of windows on a dell computer don't even bother downloading the BTMETER software because it does pretty much nothing.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!