The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

battery led light flashing

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by lawnmowerman84
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 2543 times

lawnmowerman84

I have a Toshiba A85 laptop and i recenlty put a new LCD screen In that was out of a pesario. After I installed the new screen I am now getting a flashing battery LED. I now have the computer apart and checked the leads to the AC jack and wire my ac adapter straight in, but this not solve the problem. The computer tries to boot however the battery is to dead to let it start up and will not run with the AC jack only. Does anyone know what else is causing this to happen?

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

lawnmowerman84,
Welcome to The HTG Forums.
Replacing Laptop components is not uncommon in the least.
However, due to problems which have now appeared; please (post a link) to where you obtained info that new Pesario LCD replacement product was compatible with the old existing Toshiba LCD product.
Hard wiring the external power jack was not a reasonable solution to the issue.

Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

lawnmowerman84

I had hard wired the ac jack before I replaced the screen so know that isn't the problem. I also took the screen back out hooked the original broken lcd screen back up but the batterry led is still flashing when i plug it into the wall. Could the battery be bad or is it something else?

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

lawnmowerman84,

The batter is most probably bad.
Take out the battery.
Will the machine boot and run with only the AC adapter now ????

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

lawnmowerman84

I have read some where that if the battery is out the computer will not work at all due to a break in the power circuit. Right now It is in pieces from where i was making certain that the ac adapter wires did not come loose. But i will try it and replace the battery as well. Thanks for your help

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I bought my last battery here and saved over 50%. And they were very swift with the shipping.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

lawnmowerman84,

I have never seen one which wouldn't run on the adapter only with the battery removed but of course I've never seen all laptops either so you might be correct in your case.

You will just have to check it out.

Good Luck.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.