• Started 1 year ago by Oscargeek
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 6777 times

Oscargeek

Please tell me how?

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

You using a tablet (Win 8 RT?) I do not have access to the tablet. Until you figure out how to get it easier, this might work: Press the Windows key and the "W" key > in the search field that pops up type "keyboard" > then look for and tap "Turn On-Screen keyboard on and off" in the search results and the applet that opens has a back slash in the usual place.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

You said it was a PC, so there is always the Character Map. swipe the right side of screen to get the Charms, Tap Search > Type "Character Map" and then Tap the app, you will need to copy and paste the backslash after you select the character from the grid....

Posted 1 year ago

Oscargeek

Thank for your help!
^^

Posted 1 year ago

Oscargeek

How can I add "\" to a key above the Enter key!

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

One possible avenue: swipe right side of screen > click the settings gear > click Control Panel > Click the keyboard applet and see if you can find a way to remap the key. It all depends on your current keyboard : for example I have a Microsoft mouse so there are options to change settings for a microsoft keyboard, but I am not using an MS keyboard.... Another way, depending on your mouse, is to program a mouse macro using a rarely used button or gesture, I cannot provide instructions for this, if I provided instructions like I use, you would already have the backslash key on your keyboard!

Posted 1 year ago

Oscargeek

Thank you very much! I will try it.

Posted 1 year ago

kenes

Thanks alot Fhirkin9, u re a blessing to this forum.

Posted 1 year ago

kenes

i just tried the Foward slash answer you gave and it worked perfectly. have added to my knowledge. thanks to you.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Oh really, the key above 'enter' is backspace (delete trail) not 'backslash'

Backslash is located right to the shift key on all keyboards!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

On my Logitech K120 keyboad the \ and | are above Enter key

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Sorry Vistamike, but there are many different keyboard layouts re: the special characters. The one I'm on right now has a reverse L shaped return key and the back-slash is located on the top row to the left of the backspace button along with the vertical bar key on the shift. Just 2 of many examples below. I can't even find an example of mine a Medion keyboard, which I believe is a German make.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Your red ring is a forward slash......pretty standard

Here is my KB layout (UK)

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Mine is with the nums:

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I have had a laptop where it was under the Backspace key.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!