The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

avast uninstall

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by kemalitore
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 900 times

kemalitore

hi... i got a problem... i have install avast antivirus... and paste some language patch.. but i delete the old one before changing to new one... now i can't uninstall it... or delete it from program files documents... i try next things...

- standard uninstall (did not help me at all)
- use CCleaner to remove it from Add/Remove files in Control Panel (i have remove it but that did not help me at all)
- try to remove it from startup/services list using msconfig (did not help me at all)
- try to set folder to not be read only so i can delete it (did not help me at all)
- give all users permit to change the folder (did not help me at all)
- try to shut it down in Task Manager (did not help me at all)

what more can i do...

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

kemalitore hi. Re-install Avast. Change the language (you should get asked in the installation process).
If not, don't worry. Post back here.

Posted 4 years ago

kemalitore

ooo i forgot that in my list...

-i have try to uninstall it from autorun (did not work)
-try repair from add/remove list in program files before i remove it with CCleaner (did not work)

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Have you got a Restore Point available from before you installed it ? If so, use it.

Posted 4 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Hi kemalitore< I have had success with this from avast, albeit it was in xp but no reason why it should not do this in Win 7,

Mike

Posted 4 years ago

kemalitore

I have try to do system restore now bot it stop because it did not have access to same files (i think it did not have access to avast files)
and i have try using this stuff:

"Hi kemalitore< I have had success with this from avast, albeit it was in xp but no reason why it should not do this in Win 7,

Mike"

But i can't start safe mode or i doing some thing wrong...

Posted 4 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Have tried tapping the F8 key when booting, this should give you the option of booting into safe mode.

Mike

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.