The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Auto Text & bookmarks Office2000 to Office 2007

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by lisac
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1147 times

lisac

Got new computer. I have XP on new computer. Had Office 2000 now have Office Home and Student 2007. I had a ton of addresses in Insert/Auto Text in Word. And Bookmarks on Firefox. Am not totally stupid but willing to learning. Boss's husband transferred (he said all hard drive) data to Western Digital external drive (I think - black box 6"X8"). Shows as H: on My Computer. I have no idea where to look or transfer these files from the old to the new computer. Did they save on that H: WD? Where would the files be? How do I transfer them? How do I proceed? On the other end of this, I cannot see where to enter the auto text on the new computer. It does not have the same options on 2007. I feel lost.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Isac hi. I don't think I'll be able to help you all the way through this. But, when you open the H: drive, what do you see, in the way of folders and files ?

Posted 5 years ago

lisac

autorun, Canon, clipart, desktop, documentation, favorites, HP, images, jb_backup, l_backup, my documents, my downloads, office, program files, start menu, templates, user data, wd_windows_tools, (in folders)
install, install, WD setup - these are not folders

Posted 5 years ago

LH

What are the extensions for these files ? (.zip etc)

Posted 5 years ago

lisac

I don't know how to find this information.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

OK. Go into Control Panel > Folder Options > View.
Uncheck, Hide extensions for known file types.
And when you look at those files. Select View > Details

Posted 5 years ago

lisac

I did this. But am unclear where I am to find the info you want. In the bottom left corner of the window I have Details
(H:)
Local Disk
File System: FAT32
Free Space: 926 GB
Total Size: 931 GB
Then to the right side of each folder there is a column Type: File Folder (under that column) then the Date Modified column: many dates and times (under that column). In the address bar it says H:\ Am I missing something?

Posted 5 years ago

LH

OK. Right click on on one of those files. Select Properties > Details.
What does it say there ?

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.