The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Asus p8z77 v-pro boot led on

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by nicktasty
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 1339 times

nicktasty

I recently decided to build my own pc and I'm having a few issues. When I turn the motherboard on the boot led light turns on and on my monitor it displays a message that says " the current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device. Go to advanced > boot > csm parameters, and adjust the csm (compatibility support module) settings to enable the boot device." I'm at a total loss as to what I should do.

here's the specs of what's running:
ASUS p8z77 v-pro motherboard
Intel I7 3770k
corsair vengeance 16gb 1600mhz
corsair tx650 power supply.

I haven't put the motherboard into the case yet as I want to have this issue sorted out first. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Which O/S are you trying to boot and what hardware are you trying to boot (HD or SSD) ??

Have you Flashed Bios yet to Latest Version Available ??

BIOS 1805

http://www.asus.com/Motherboar....._Knowledge

Posted 1 year ago

nicktasty

I have not installed the operating system in you but i plan on using windows 7. I tried booting it with a samsung SSD 840 series. is it possible the RAM is not compatible with the motherboard?

Posted 1 year ago

meeklesmith

Dude, have you figured anything out about this problem? I'm experiencing the exact same thing. really frustrating...

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@meeklesmith, The OP has not been back for 6 days suggest you start a new topic for your problem. You will have a better chance of an answer.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.