How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - ASPIRE ONE BLACK SCREEN FIXED BY PRESSING BUTTONS

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by TOY-BOY
  • Latest reply from k1w1
  • Topic Viewed 12455 times

TOY-BOY
TOY-BOY

Recently I tried to find a solution to fix my ASPIRE ONE BLACKSCREEN PROBLEM on this site , and got virtually no help, I was about to throw it in the bin in disgust. Then I found this very simple solution, which does not involve technicians or service personnel. Go to this site... http://techniciansguides.blogs.....-user.html After following the simple instructions my ''ASPIRE ONE'' was somehow incredibly working again. Then I immediately done a McAfee scan and found this TROJAN {claptrapivanof} and removed it I suspect this trojan was the root cause, because now it works perfectly. MY CONCLUSION is don't be a complete fool and throw your ASPIRE ONE LAPTOP in the bin. This is a simple bios problem which can be fixed in 5 minutes, BUT make sure you follow the instructions very carefully, because if you make one simple mistake it probably won't work. I hope that this advice helps at least one ASPIRE ONE owner.

Posted 4 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

I tossed mine (after pulling the HDD) because I needed a computer right then (no internet access without it because my desktop was also dead and I do all my banking, taxes, etc. online) and I was about ready to chuck it anyway because the keyboard was just about shot (bouncing keys).

Still, thanks for finding this fix. I've copied the article to a Word file and downloaded the file and will keep them on file just in case this one has that problem. Interesting, though, that of all the people I've talked to who were familiar with Aspire One's BlackSOD, no one knew about this. I still recommend new purchasers to stay away from Acer products (stupid desktop is also an Acer).

Posted 4 years ago

TOY-BOY
TOY-BOY

You are welcome LadyFitzgerald. In my last post I said that I hope this advice helps at least one ASPIRE ONE owner, perhaps that person is you. I am currently using an ''ACER ASPIRE 6530 which is quite a large laptop. I do like this model, but it only has 3gbs of ram, and I was constantly getting popups like ''rundll has stopped working and windows explorer has stopped working''. I have since solved these problems by uninstalling all the built in junk that came with it. Please note I have only been messing around with computers for about 18 months, and I am not as young as the name ''TOY-BOY'' suggests. BYE. and thanks for responding to my post.

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi Toyboy
Always good to know useful links,I am an ACER fan and am using 6930 myself at the moment but family have different models.
Isn't it great when you solve problems that defeat others and always good to post back on here for reference.
Thanks
Granny kate

Posted 4 years ago

TOY-BOY
TOY-BOY

Hi Granny kate, I too am an ACER fan, even though it may not seem like it. After all I have two and that speaks for itself. I initially bought my first ACER simply because I liked the look of it. Some people might say ''what an idiot'' but when I bought it I had virtually no knowledge about computers at all. BYE Granny kate. I enjoyed reading your post.

Posted 4 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

While I was recently out of town, my misbegotten Aspire One kinda sorta died. It would get as far as the Windows screen, then it would just sit there, the little bar meter churning away, laughing at me. The only way I could get it to shut off was to pull the battery. I tried opening it in the previous known configuration to work and got the same results. I tried the above instructions to flash the bios without any luck. This is the second Aspire One (and the third Acer computer) I had to fail on me this year, both times at very, very inconvenient times. Even though the piece of junk is still under warranty, I'm tempted to replace it with another brand if this is all the more reliability I can expect from them.

Posted 4 years ago

k1w1

This worked for me on an Aspire 6530. It just kept flashing after I started it while holding down esc & fn keys, after 30 mins I rebooted and away it went. Thanks from New Zealand for a great solution

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.