The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Article for 'Comodo firewall'

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by tech27
  • Latest reply from tech27
  • Topic Viewed 428 times

tech27

Hmmm.. It's kinda like a request. So I just installed Comodo Firewall because many says its a good alternative firewall to secure online connections and etc. Right now I'm tweaking its settings and other stuffs. But, to be honest I'm not sure what I'm doing, so It would be great to feature comodo firewall on your upcoming articles like a walk-through or some sort of a tutorial or how to use. But yeah I'm just suggesting not really forcing to do it, because I think this software is a good one. Just my thoughts.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

Is this for XP ?

Posted 2 years ago

gedstar

The below site may help, although I've been using Comodo Internet Security both on Windows 7 and XP for years and always just used the default settings, keeps me quite safe. The only setting I changed was on the Firewall, if you go to Stealth Port Wizard, select the third option

https://forums.comodo.com/

You can also test your firewall here

http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

I use comodo firewall both in 7 32bit and 64bit, with windows FW disabled. Because I download and test much stuffs, I find that Comodo reports .exe and registry changes immediately.

For XP, this is a good idea because the XP FW is very limited, so is the way to go.

I don't use the Comodo security suite because
1. It once caused a serious crash on 2 test machines
2. The A/v scans were slow and resource intensive

Understand how it works before 'tweaking' it

How to Install Comodo Firewall>>>>>

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

gedstar

I must be one off the lucky ones, the only issue I found was with the Defence+ and AMD Catalyst latest drivers on a HP PC causing Comodo and the PC to hang, luckily I had an Image of my hard drive and was able to fix it that way and to resolve the driver issue I just added the driver files to the trusted files settings.
Apart from that had never any issues, I have SSD's on both my Laptop and PC so scans take half the time they use to + Comodo Internet Security 6 will be arriving in the near future with faster scan speeds

Posted 2 years ago

tech27

Okay, appreciate your replies so much. I really need to read more about this firewall, because I'm kinda confuse with various settings on it. I agree with Mike too that comodo fw really do its job, it reports all things that tries to change some options on my pc like the registry and other system access.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.