How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Are there anymore Vista tip/trick?

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by REMINATOR
  • Latest reply from jim
  • Topic Viewed 1554 times

REMINATOR

I decided to read the old thread and ran into a comment by Northcountryboy:
"Not sure if this will be of any use to you or not!

on your desktop, if you hold down control, and hold down right click on your mouse, at the same time, you can then adjust your icon sizes, by using the scroll wheel on your mouse......

hope this helps"

I never knew of this trick, now I'm very happy that my desktop icon on Vista look the way I wanted thank to this trick! Does this trick work on any window? Also, if one doesn't have the scroll mouse, there's no other method to do it?

In addition to this, if you guys have anymore trick, please do list them here. This is great.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

The Geek has written dozens of tips and tricks, including this one:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-explorer/

You can search for them in the upper right corner of this page, or see them categorized on the Articles page itself.

Posted 6 years ago

jim

This tip doesn't work for desktop icons on mine.Wonder if it is only for resizing in folders?I had to use view and icon size method.But it changes all icons on desktop.

Posted 6 years ago

jim

Found out Vista doesn't have live icon feature.Tip is for XP though all websites listing this tip do not clarify that salient fact.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

This does in fact work for Vista, and only Vista. The problem is that the instructions are different:

Hold down the control key, and then use the scroll wheel, and the icons will resize.

The same instructions are in the article that Scott linked to, which is correct.

Posted 6 years ago

jim

Only half correct.It resizes all desktop icons.You can't scroll and resize an icon individually[i.e.,making just the firefox icon huge alone].Though it does resize all icons to any desired size instead of just small,medium,and large as I had thought.Plus,this doesn't work on Vista for user picture on welcome/startup screen.Or is there another tip on that one?Thanks.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!