The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Application Error on Windows 7

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by lewglenn
  • Latest reply from lewglenn
  • Topic Viewed 428 times

lewglenn

Getting the following messages on start up on my Acer Aspire Laptop running Windows 7:
Iaanof.exe - Application Error
SkyTel.ese - Application Error
PLFSetI.exe - Application Error
AcerVCM.exe - Application Error

Tried accessing Malwarebytes & CCCleaner but got errors when trying. Also, Control Panel will not allow me to make changes. Any suggestions as to how to break out of this mess?

Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Can you boot in Safe mode ?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

They appear to be Acer specific (have you deleted or uninstalled some Acer apps?)

In safe mode disable them if they show up in msconfig.

Type msconfig in the search box, or better run CMD as admin,
go to the startup tab and uncheck them if they are showing, apply, and reboot into windows. Do you get back to normal?

Posted 1 year ago

lewglenn

Pressing F8 before the Windows splash screen comes on seems to be ignored. So I'm not sure how to get to Safe Mode. Also, more info: Before this happened I got a message that a disc error had been found and the machine needed to be rebooted and asked me to press OK, which I did. I assumed that this was a Windows message but now I'm not so sure. When I now try to run my AVG anti-virus the system won't let me.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

When you see the option to boot into the BIOS screen just keep tapping F8 gently until you see the Advanced Options menu, you should be able to get into it eventually sometimes it just takes a little timing.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Try an online scan with this,
http://www.kaspersky.com/virus-scanner

Posted 1 year ago

lewglenn

When I try to use the virus scanner on the kaspersky web site I get the hourglass and the Task Manager is indicating that Firefox and the Virus Scan are not responding. Every time this releases and I try to use the website scanner the same thing happens. I was able to boot into safe mode but just unchecking the executables that are coming up with the App Error doesn't help.

Is there anything I can do in safe mode with msconfig or something else that can get me back into control so I can at least run an anti-virus app?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!