vistamike

OK, sorry to cause problem

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

No problem Mike :)

Posted 5 years ago

djb6

I just installed th 64 bit to mess around with and can't seem to install ANYTHING. Even Windows live essential pack won't install at all. They come up with an error for all the programs I was trying to install.

Posted 5 years ago

rocky6190
rocky6190

I had 3 issues when installing Windows 7, although they seem extremely small issues now, it was a nightmare reading through forums trying to find reliable answers, ive compiled a few here http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=1

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Moving to 7 forum ;)

Posted 5 years ago

fantazmic2

I installed Windows 7 in a dual boot configuration with Vista as my primary OS and installed Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine.

Only issue I have is not being able to use/test my EVDO card. From what I have read, EVDO is not suppose to work in Windows 7 at this time anyway. It is the only device on my Dell XPS M1330 that I cannot get to work.

So far, Windows 7 has performed very well with the software I have installed so far.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

I have some random screen flicker when scrolling long pages, i.e. my Google Reader feeds.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

i expected problems but so far i've only experience very few minor things. nothing, so far, would keep me from using it or nit-picking it to death. i'm going to have to put a tv tuner on the computer i installed it on to see how wmc works. it's working better than expected on an ubuntu specific build computer. on an 80gb hdd it's only taken up 10gb so far. the speed is impressive. i never had a complaint about vista, so far i can't find one thing about windows7 that would keep me from switching over. as long as wmc and eset smart security works perfectly, i'll be a happy camper :P

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

On a Dual Boot Raid 0 Configuration, Win7 is STABLE as a rock !!
Will use it as the Primary O/S as long as I can.
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Woowoo Rick. I'm happy for you, happy for the rest of us too. :D

Posted 5 years ago

drifta
drifta

dual booting win 7 and vista has been a breeze. win 7 works great so far except that my dell 4-in-1 card reader is not being recognised, but i dotn use it much so doesnt really matter. love the way wmp 12 adn wmc work. the ability to play all those movies without the need for additional codecs is a nice feature. my games (counter strike source, warcraft 3 and far cry 2) seem to work nicely. love the new windows live pakage, including the new msn, and live mail. i noticed the "shake the windows" feaute could do with some improvemnt as it isnt as responsive as i would liek it to be.

kesperskey anti virus program for win7 is a piece of s***. i would recomend nobody use it. it cosntantly bugs me about programs trying to write fiels to the registry and auto starting etc. when installing a programs like steam i got about 10 notifications trying to write files to the registry. it also told me that it had spyware and trojans when i know fora fact it doesnt. its driving me nuts, detecting pretty much every program as a virus.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Anyone else having issues installing Super Anti-Spyware on 7?

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

i couldn't get it to install so i installed a-squared free. im having trouble getting flash drives to be recognized

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

OK, thanks Oz

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

SuperAnti-Spyware Program doesn't appear compatible with WIN7 Beta.
Installation on this this rig immediately caused a BSOD.
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.