SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

Any free application to upload real large files(around 4/5GB) to the cloud?

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by MSwhip
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 1280 times

MSwhip

I am interested in storing videos up in the cloud, most of the known software wont allow transfers of individual files larger than 2 TB. IS there a free way to circumvent this limitation? As I understand there are 2 possible bottlenecks. Limitation to individual file size, AND limitation of total individual transfers even if each and every file is under 2 TB.

I would appreciate any knowledgeable answers on these particular issues I do have sites that accept up to 50 GB storage space. Yahoo mail even takes limitless BUT all i know wont let you transfer over 2 TB per file

Thank you

Posted 2 years ago

gnuwoods

Try looking around box.net

They ran a promotion that if you made an account on an iDevice, they gave you 50GB free storage. I got it.

Posted 2 years ago

minigeek

Really? 2TB? Do you have a capped connection?
You could use 7zip to split the file
There is a guide here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-or-email/

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

You realize, of course that uploading a TB of data even at one of the highest upload speeds, say 20Mbps would take (1 terabyte) / (20 Mbps) = 4.85451852 days. Can you imagine what your Verizon phone bill would be after that?

Posted 2 years ago

StringJunky

"You realize, of course that uploading a TB of data even at one of the highest upload speeds, say 20Mbps would take (1 terabyte) / (20 Mbps) = 4.85451852 days. Can you imagine what your Verizon phone bill would be after that?"

That would cost me £3657 on my PAYG dongle at £25 for 7GB...peanuts! :D

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.