• Started 5 years ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 738 times

raphoenix
raphoenix

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

funny you would post this, i'm restoring my notebook as i'm sitting here. i went to change the wallpaper and the only thing that showed up was 2 "intel" photo's, then my screen turned solid blue. avira kept denying access to something, i forget the name. then a WINDOWS screen came up saying i was infected and wanted me to hit a bar at the bottom to launch my antispyware programs. i kept shutting it off in the task manager. while i was in there i saw something with a russian name running. i shut it down, but kept restarting. the only security program that would run was superantispyware. it found 13 infections, one was called FAKESCAN. avira just kept popping up a deny access window. i deleted the infections and restarted but they came right back. i wiped the hard drive and thought about putting ubuntu on it but i'm not sure if i can get a wireless connection. i saw the downloads at ubuntu help, but i'm not sure if it's up to date

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

0zSpitt,

Glad you saw the post. Machines like yours and mine that roam the dark corners of the net world have to almost have Daily "Heavy Duty" Maintenance in order to keep them running. Got to know that registry no matter what version of MS Windows one runs. For those folks who are running "Dicey" Copies of XP Pro, they are about to get a most unwelcome MS surprise this week. I'll post more details later in the evening.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♣

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!