The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Another New buit topic

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by blue8817
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 956 times

blue8817

I'm planning on building myself a new computer. My first build. I have in the past changed computer components etc but never built one from scratch. I'm think of building a top spec computer over time buying a few bits each payday. So which parts do you recomend to get the biggest bang for my buck so to speak? I'm think of starting with this case http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=92606

Posted 5 years ago

blue8817

oh and I want to run vista 64bit (so I can have silly amounts of ram ;-))

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

It depends on what you intend to do.
Like if you were really into gaming (Full Screen, Many Frames per second, etc.) you would need a high-end graphics card but if not a low to mid range card would work just fine.
The same with hard drive space. If you intend to store really large files you need a 500GB or higher drive but for smaller ones a 100GB drive will work.
The same with other parts so if you could list what you mainly intend to use to computer for, I could better recommend parts.

Posted 5 years ago

blue8817

ok

I intend to have the computer contected to my TV and two monitors at the same time (watch a film etc on the TV and use the desktop monitor at the same time) so will I need two graphic cards for that? I'm not to much into gaming so I don't think I'll be needing the top range cards. I was think of around a 500GB hard drive max since I have a home server to save large files on. Is a fast hard drive worth the extra cash?. I don't really know what I should be looking for when picking MB can you help with that.

Posted 5 years ago

blue8817

bump

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

i watch tv on one monitor and do other things on the second monitor. i only have a geforce 9800gt, i've never had a problem yet. i also have a 10,000rpm hard drive and i don't really see any difference, other than it cost more and makes a lot of noise.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

blue8817,

Pick out a Motherboard on this page link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....der=RATING

Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!