The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Annoying "Page(s) unresponsive" in Google Chrome

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by freeman
  • Latest reply from freeman
  • Topic Viewed 2252 times

freeman

Having open many web sites at the time very annoying pop-up message "Page(s) unresponsive" keeps appearing frequently driving me crazy and even greter problem arises when it blocks and Chrome shuts down forcing me to wait till all previously opened pages reload again. CAN SOMEBODY ADVICE ME HOW TO KILL OR BLOCK OR IN ANY WAY DISABLE "Page(s) unresponsive"?????

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

How many pages do you have open?

Posted 1 year ago

freeman

Sometimes 50-60.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Chrome runs each page as a separate process (more memory intensive) so you are probably stretching it too far FF doesn't run them separately so you might do better with that one.

Posted 1 year ago

lowongankerjaid

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX : I am still having the same troubles

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@lowongankerjaid, Blocked for spamming

Posted 1 year ago

freeman

I appruximately know the limits of my computer (8 years old Pentium 4 2,53GHz with 1GB RAM) and when I make it sweat and bring it to te edge I even got (sometimes) message (especially if I have opened some more applications) of low level of virtual memory. I was just wondering whether there was a way to block that pop=up messae ("Page(s) unresponsive") because when the system is at the very edge, the appearing of that message sometimes is the one driving the balance on the scales towads blocking and crashng down of Chrome.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!